6.14.2013

The Penrod Posts {Guy Penrod}

 

Guy with guitarist Jason Ahlbrandt


It was quite the mystery.  Yesterday was a slow day for us here at the Harris House; everyone was worn out from a busy few days, and so other than the most minimal necessary chores, we spent the majority of the day catching up on some R & R.



Sometime in the afternoon, I checked my statcounter, expecting my blog stats to be somewhat down for the day, given that I hadn't posted any new content yet, nor had I done any social media promotion.  I was rather surprised to discover that my stats were actually up at that point.


Curious, I checked again a little while later, and was totally stunned to see that my stats were way up.  The only thing I could tell about where the traffic was coming from was that it was somewhere on Facebook.  I couldn't imagine what would have been posted, and by whom, that would be causing so many hits on the main page of my blog.



I was still mystified this morning.  My stats for yesterday were about 10 times what they typically are on a good day, and the hits were still coming today.

Then I was scrolling down my Facebook news feed and suddenly saw what appeared to be a familiar photo, shared by my friend Lu. "That looks like one of my Guy Penrod concert pictures," I thought.  Upon further inspection, I realized it was one of my Guy Penrod concert pictures.  Shared by the Gaither Vocal Band Facebook page, with a link back to the home page of my blog.

Mystery solved. :)

I had planned to do some kind of "Best of the Blog" post listing today for the Wordcount Blogathon.  Given all the traffic from the GVB page, I decided to make that list a list of all the Guy Penrod posts around here. :)



We love Guy.  We love him not only for his music, but for his heart for God and for people.  I'm thrilled to have others who appreciate Guy's music and ministry visiting the blog this week!  I hope you'll grab a  cup of coffee or an ice cold drink and stay a while!

Leave me a comment..tell me a little about yourself and/or how Guy's ministry has impacted you.  And then subscribe via the box in the sidebar, or follow me on  FacebookTwitter, and/or Pinterest so you don't miss anything!   I have a list of about 10 more concert posts I'm going to get to eventually. :)  (I stay a bit behind around here!)

Thanks for visiting!  Please come back!



And here they are!  The Penrod Posts:

Guy Penrod ~ The post that started it all!

St. Paul {Guy Penrod} Weekend, Part 1 ~ The beginning of an amazing trip!

St. Paul {Guy Penrod} Weekend, Part 2 ~  The backstory and the big reveal!

St. Paul {Guy Penrod} Weekend, Part 3 ~ Fun facts and lessons learned from the road trip. :)

St. Paul {Guy Penrod} Weekend, Part 4 ~  The Family of God (or the friends who live in our computers!)

St. Paul {Guy Penrod} Weekend, Part 5 ~ The Concert!! (In words and pictures)

St. Paul {Guy Penrod} Weekend, Part 6 ~ Part 2 of the concert itself...photos and quotes from Guy.

St. Paul {Guy Penrod} Weekend, Part 7 ~ My Very Favorite Moment of the Whole Whirlwind Trip (and the very best thing about Guy's concerts!)


Do We Know Him? Or Know About Him?  ~ My youngest daughter, Guy Penrod, and a very important question!

Do We Know Him? Or Know About Him? Take 2 ~ My youngest daughter, Guy Penrod, and a very important question, part 2.

Another Road Trip {Claremore Guy Penrod Concert} ~ a very special trip and a very special concert
 
Thankful Thursday {Leaning} ~ A special place in my heart for Guy's "Hymns" cd.






No comments: