6.03.2013

A Little of This, A Little of That, and a Little of the Other...


I've mentioned several times that there have been some exciting things going on behind the scenes here at Ponderings of an Elect Exile.  I thought I'd take a few minutes tonight to give a quick update on a few of them.


First...as I shared last month, I recently joined the writing team at Homeschool Toolbox.  I am so excited about being part of this group!   Hop over and check out my June column, Teaching Creativity When You Don't Feel Creative (And Why Do I Need to Teach Creativity Anyway?)   I'd love for you to leave a comment, share with friends, and follow Homeschool Toolbox on Facebook so you don't miss anything!  (Next month's column will be a follow-up with practical help for teaching creativity...keep an eye out for it!)





Second...you may have noticed some new buttons in the sidebar.  (If you are reading this post in a reader, you may want to check out the new look at the blog.)   There's a new button for Ponderings of an Elect Exile, which I'd love for you to share on your own blog or other social media.  There are also buttons for a couple of  online Bible Studies I'm participating in...She Reads Truth and Hello Mornings.  You can click on either or both of those for more details...I highly recommend them both!  





Another new button in the sidebar is for the 2013 Wordcount Blogathon.  That one makes me a little nervous!  A friend in an online writing group mentioned it just a few days ago, and I made a last-minute decision to join.  The Blogathon involves a commitment to post every day in the month of June.  Eeek!   I have never been a super-consistent blogger, but the first months of 2013 seem to have been even more spotty, blog-post-wise, than usual.  So...I decided to bite the bullet and take the challenge.  The good news is, I have a number of posts "almost ready" in draft that I plan to use in between newly created posts, and I plan to make better use of the scheduled post function.  So...even though I hope to post every day, I won't have to actually write every day. :)


Along with the Blogathon challenge, I have a challenge to issue to those of you who are reading.  First, if you enjoy the posts here and you haven't already done so, I'd love for you to follow Ponderings of an Elect Exile on Facebook. It's super-simple...just click on the link here, and then click on the "Like" button just under the cover photo.  This will keep you in the loop about new posts here on the blog, important announcements, and posts, giveaways, etc. around the web that I think might be of interest. 


The second part of the challenge is this...leave me a comment here on the blog sometime this month!  I'd love to get to find out who's reading, get to know you a bit better, and hear any feedback you might have.  


You may have noticed one other new button in the sidebar...the button for my new photo blog, Documenting Glory.  If you haven't been over there yet, be sure to check it out!   I'll still be posting some bird/squirrel/nature photos here, but Documenting Glory will be the new home for the majority of those photos.  (And if you want the grab code for the DG button, you'll find it in the sidebar over there...I'd love for you to help spread the word!) 





Whew!  That took a few more minutes than I expected. :)   I'm excited about all that is going on in my piece of the bloggy world these days, and I'm looking forward to what is to come.  Most of all, I'm thankful to every one of you who visit, read, comment, and/or share.  My hope is that you will be encouraged by your time here, and that you'll not only come back, but invite your friends to come as well! 


No comments: