6.05.2015

{You Make Me} SMILE!



Yesterday's ICAD (Index Card a Day) prompt wasn't grabbing me, so all day as I went about the tasks of the day, I was trying to decide what to do instead.

We made a quick dash into Wal-Mart on the way to pick Billy up. While we were there, we ran into a sweet couple we don't see often anymore. We were so tickled to see them, get hugs all around, and catch up a little.

I was reminded of what one of my children said about this couple not long after we met them. "They just make everyone smile when they walk into a room!" At the time, I thought, "I want to be that kind of person!" I want to be the kind of person people are excited to bump into, because it brightens their day...not the kind of person people see across the parking lot and think, "Oh, no, I hope we don't bump into them." 

Again yesterday, they made us smile. :) And I suddenly knew what to do for my ICAD. Some sunny yellow acrylic paint, and a super-simple "smile" doodle with my Pitt Big Brush pen, and I have the perfect reminder ~ not only to "smile" myself, but to be the kind of person who leaves other people smiling as well.

What...or who...makes you smile? What little reminders has God given you lately? I'd love to hear in the comments!

 
***
If a post or posts on Ponderings of an Elect Exile has been a blessing to you, would you do me a huge favor?  Please share the link to Ponderings with your friends using the social media share buttons below or the "pin it" button above.  Thank you! 
 
***
  Welcome to Ponderings of an Elect Exile!  
Whether you are new here or a faithful friend and regular reader, I'm glad you're here!   If you aren't already following, I'd love to have you join us for the 2015 Ponderings.  It's easy to do, in a variety of ways!   You can follow via  Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest, or  find me on Instagram as Jenbh68. You can also sign up in the sidebar to receive new posts by email.
 
 


No comments: