6.03.2015

"When My Anxious Thoughts Multiply Within Me..."





I had a little incident at the gym tonight that resulted in my coming home with a raging headache (I still got my workout in, though, so yay for that! *Insert fist pump here.* :)) I had a more involved post planned for today (I promise they aren't *all* going to be quick and easy this month!), but I decided that that post would have to wait until another day, and today I would blog one of my Bible journaling entries.

This one jumped out at me immediately. It seems like so many around me have heavy cares on their hearts right now, and my heart is heavy for them. Bay was sitting in the room with me, and as we talked about this verse, I read it from the NASB: "When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul." 

I love that!! I went through a period few years ago in which I fought major anxiety for the first time in my life. Thankfully, that time was relatively short, and I've not had those major issues since, but I do occasionally still battle it on a smaller scale.

I've struggled with it a bit lately, and today has been one of those days. When I saw that line, "When my anxious thoughts multiply within me...", I thought, "That is me this week! They just keep multiplying! And when I get one batch beat down, another batch pops up."

That's not the end of the verse, though! And I'm so glad. :) "Your consolations delight my soul." Oh, yes, they do! In the midst of the anxiety, He keeps reminding me of Who He is and what He has done, and it does delight my soul.

Do your anxious thoughts seem to multiply within you at times? Have you experienced His consolations cheering your soul? I'd love to hear your story in the comments.

***
If a post or posts on Ponderings of an Elect Exile has been a blessing to you, would you do me a huge favor?  Please share the link to Ponderings with your friends using the social media share buttons below or the "pin it" button above.  Thank you! 
 
***
  Welcome to Ponderings of an Elect Exile!  
Whether you are new here or a faithful friend and regular reader, I'm glad you're here!   If you aren't already following, I'd love to have you join us for the 2015 Ponderings.  It's easy to do, in a variety of ways!   You can follow via  Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest, or  find me on Instagram as Jenbh68. You can also sign up in the sidebar to receive new posts by email.

No comments: