6.24.2015

For His Name's Sake!





As I've mentioned before, Bro. Gary is preaching through Ephesians on Sunday mornings right now.  Every verse is just packed full of truth. In preaching on the Ephesians "faith in the Lord and love for the saints" from Ephesians 1:15 Sunday morning, He referred to Revelation 2, the letter to the church at Ephesus.

In Rev. 2:3, God praises the church at Ephesus for their labor "for [His] Name's sake". Bro. Gary reminded us that our labor is for HIS name's sake ~ that it is ALL about Him, and about HIS glory, not about us. 

What a great reminder that has been this week particularly as we are in the midst of VBS at our former church. {Disclaimer: I'm not teaching this year. Two of my children are teaching, and I'm driving what we are affectionately calling the "VBS Taxi". :)} All the work, the crazy schedule, the many miles driven, the exhaustion...it's not about us, it's not even about the children, but it's about HIM. It's for His glory. And what a blessing to watch Him work in that!

That doesn't just apply to VBS. It applies to all of life! All that we do as spouses, as parents, as friends, as church members, as employees, as students...whatever roles we fill...it's not about us, or even those we serve and minister to, but about HIM.

What a challenge to keep my focus there! But what a difference it makes when I do! I've tried to keep that reminder in front of me (and in front of my children) this week: It's all for His Name's Sake!

What are you doing right now "for His Name's sake"? What is He teaching you right now? I'd love to hear in the comments!

(Another super-simple journaling Bible entry tonight...just my Pilot G-2 1.0 and washi tape. I really wanted this one to be super-wonderful, because it's such a fantastic truth! But exhaustion and time caught up with me, and even my quick writing isn't really up to par. I also forgot to use the "Remember This!" stamp I originally planned the layout around! *banging head* But you know what? It's all okay. His truth has been in front of my mind and in my heart tonight. Super-simple and not what I'd planned is enough. I'm thankful for that!)


***

If a post or posts on Ponderings of an Elect Exile has been a blessing to you, would you do me a huge favor?  Please share the link to Ponderings with your friends using the social media share buttons below or the "pin it" button above.  Thank you! 


***
  Welcome to Ponderings of an Elect Exile!   Whether you are new here or a faithful friend and regular reader, I'm glad you're here!   If you aren't already following, I'd love to have you join us for the 2015 Ponderings.  It's easy to do, in a variety of ways!   You can follow via  Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest, or  find me on Instagram as Jenbh68. You can also sign up in the sidebar to receive new posts by email.

No comments: