6.01.2015

Jumping into June!




2015 has been a slow year on the blog. Not just slow, but S-L-O-W. A whopping seven posts in the first five months of the year. Ouch!

There have been all kinds of reasons for the lack of posts, but I won't bore you with the list. Instead, I want to share what's coming (if all goes as planned!) 

Blogathon

First, June is the month for the 2015 Freelance Success/Wordcount Blogathon. A post every day for the whole month. Eeekkk! June is always a crazy month, and I always think I'm probably a little crazy for even attempting Blogathon in the midst of all the other craziness. But I've done it the last two years and it's been a great experience, and I'm excited about doing it again this year! Just the push I need to get back into the groove here on the blog. :)  And the most exciting part is that my daughter is doing it with me this year! Really looking forward to having a partner in the craziness. :)


ICAD

Second, June and July are the months for the Daisy Yellow ICAD (Index Card a Day) challenge. ICAD is a 61 day creativity challenge. I love it for several reasons. First, it's index cards. That's really enough right there. Index cards are one of my all-time favorite things. A whole 61-day challenge dedicated to them was made to order for me!

Second, it's low-stress creativity. Do some sort of art on an index card every day in June and July. That's it. Slap on some stickers. Layer on some mixed media. Practice your lettering. Pull out the watercolors. Stamps, washi tape, paints, markers, fabric...the sky's the limit!

Third, it's a great opportunity for creativity for the whole family. Two of my girls participated last year and did some amazing artwork on their 3x5 cards. This year all four kids are going to play. I can't wait to see what we all come up with this year!

I probably won't be posting all my ICAD cards here, but I'll be posting some of my favorites, and some of the kids' faves as well.

Scripture Journaling

Much of the posting I've done this year has involved Scripture journaling. (Click on the "Pondered Pages" tag below for more info!) I've been planning a series on the whys and hows of Scripture journaling for months, and I'm excited to get it started (and maybe finished?!) this month.

This and That

Before I seemingly fell off the face of the earth, I had several series/regular features either in planning or in progress. I'm anxious to get back to those this month as well: Pew Ponderings, Fitness Friday, Social Media {Etc.} for Not-So-Techy People, Vintage Eats, and more!

Of course, those are just the blog-related plans for June. :) We have a full school schedule (we school year-round), homeschool group activities, workouts at the gym 3+ times a week, family work and play, and exciting things happening at our little church in the pasture. :) I'll be posting a bit here and there about those things here on the blog as well, so stay tuned!

Ammah Grace was working on her ICAD for today, and she surprised me with this cute card. *happyheart*

So what's on your agenda for June? I'd love to hear in the comments!

***
If a post or posts on Ponderings of an Elect Exile has been a blessing to you, would you do me a huge favor?  Please share the link to Ponderings with your friends using the social media share buttons below or the "pin it" button above.  Thank you! 
***
  Welcome to Ponderings of an Elect Exile!  
Whether you are new here or a faithful friend and regular reader, I'm glad you're here!  
If you aren't already following, I'd love to have you join us for the 2015 Ponderings.  It's easy to do, in a variety of ways!  
You can follow via  Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest, or  find me on Instagram as Jenbh68. You can also sign up in the sidebar to receive new posts by email.

No comments: