6.09.2015

Simple Woman's Daybook {Blogathon Edition}


For Today... June 9, 2015


Outside my window...
Dusk settling in.

I am thinking...
about blog posts I hope to write in the next few days. :)

I am thankful...
SO thankful today to have gotten news that a friend's stage IV cancer appears to be GONE. The chemo she had expected to receive for the rest of her life has been cancelled. What an incredible answer to prayer!

I am wearing...
My Arkansas Razorback Texas Bowl shirt. WPS!!

I am creating...
Index cards for ICAD, blog posts for Blogathon, Journaling Bible entries I hope to share soon...

I am going...
My major "going" this week is driving Bay back and forth to work. She's working at a camp at a farm in Oklahoma, so I'm enjoying the drive and the scenery. :)

I am reading...
My current bedtime reading is Critical Care, by Candace Calvert. Good medical fiction. :) I'm working on a reading list for the summer; I hope to post it soon.

I am hoping...
to make it to the gym four times this week. One workout in the bag today! I did so well from last June until November-ish, averaging at least 3 times per week, and then winter and a bad pain flare slowed me way down. I determined that beginning in June I would average at least 3 workouts a week again. I made it twice last week and then ended up with an infected hand and had to sit out the end of the week, which means four trips to the gym this week. :)


I am learning...
new music!! So excited to have a whole new stack of music to work through for offertories, given to me by a sweet friend. *heart*

In my kitchen...
We were blessed with leftovers from Sunday night's fellowship, which we've been working through the last couple of days. Tomorrow I'm making my favorite chicken salad, and the girls and I are going to make a couple of batches of cookies. Yum!

A favorite quote for today...
Loving this one this week: 
Over all the trouble that confounds and dismays us is a throne, occupied by a God of unimaginable majesty and power, ruling this universe for His glory and for our good.
~Paul David Tripp


A peek into one of my days...a little of this week's scenery :) 



One of my favorite things...
Sweet notes from my kids. :)

Post Script (a link to pass along)
(I've been reminded of this post several times lately, so I thought it would be a good one to share. :))

Joining with Peggy at The Simple Woman for this week's Daybook.

***

If a post or posts on Ponderings of an Elect Exile has been a blessing to you, would you do me a huge favor?  Please share the link to Ponderings with your friends using the social media share buttons below or the "pin it" button above.  Thank you! 

 


***
  Welcome to Ponderings of an Elect Exile!   Whether you are new here or a faithful friend and regular reader, I'm glad you're here!   If you aren't already following, I'd love to have you join us for the 2015 Ponderings.  It's easy to do, in a variety of ways!   You can follow via  Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest, or  find me on Instagram as Jenbh68. You can also sign up in the sidebar to receive new posts by email.

No comments: