6.04.2014

Simple Woman's Daybook {Blogathon Edition}

June 4, 2014

Outside my window...dark!  It's almost 9:30 p.m. here. :)

I am thinking...about how much I'm enjoying the gym!  Really, really crazy, because I have NEVER enjoyed exercise, working out, or sports. EVER.  But we decided recently that for various reasons, it was time to join the gym affiliated with the hospital where Billy works, and I have been so excited.   (We all have!)  I think I'm just SO tired of  all my health/pain issues, and determined to make every possible effort to get healthy.  I'm pondering resurrecting my  "hidden" health blog soon.

I am thankful...for essential oils!  Thankful for those who have shared their wisdom (and oils!) with me, and for the improvements we are seeing in so many areas with the oils we are using.  What a blessing!

In the kitchen...Transitioning to a more summary menu, and trying to eat a bit healthier.  I bought Chia seeds tonight after reading about how good they are for you.  Anyone use them?  I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

I am wearing...cool summer pjs.

I am creating...my summer reading list (a bit late!) I started working on it a few weeks ago, and then got busy and let it fall by the wayside.  I'm looking forward to some good reading this summer!

I am wondering...how in the world I thought starting Blogathon and 5 times a week workouts at the gym in the same week was a good idea??? :-D  Actually, I'm thrilled to be doing both, but gym time has seriously cut into my usual blogging time.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a bit more writing time earlier in the day, as well as coffeeshop time tomorrow night (see below), and perhaps I can get a bit ahead? I promise some posts of substance this month! Maybe even tomorrow! :)

I am reading...about to re-read Sally Clarkson's Educating the Whole-Hearted Child. It was my first definite addition to my summer reading list. :)

I am hoping...for a mild summer. It sure hasn't started out that way, but a gal can hope!

I am looking forward to...lunch with a friend tomorrow!

I am learning...researching various topics about physical fitness/working out at the moment, both for myself and for a study for the kids and I to do this summer.


I am pondering...the fact that so many people around me are dealing with such heavy burdens and deep hurts right now.  Spending a lot of time in prayer for them, and seeking ways to encourage.

A favorite quote for today...
"Everyone you meet has a story, a story of loss, of disappointment, of being misunderstood, of losing heart. Slow down and listen..." ~Chuck DeGroat (retweeted by Scotty Smith earlier this week)
I've been hearing many of these stories lately.  Praying that God will help me slow down and listen and be a safe place for those who need to share...and then that He will help me to be faithful to pray, and careful to speak in line with His Word.

One of my favorite things...Hugs!  I'm a "hugger" (although I've tried to be more sensitive in recent years to the fact that some people aren't).  I was just thinking today that the last few weeks have been filled with more hugs than usual, and that makes me smile. Big! :-)


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Checking in folks at a field  trip in the morning (our family will go later in the month, so I'll just do the check-ins and leave tomorrow.)
Lunch with a friend.
Gym with the kids.
TKD with Bay.
Taking Peter and a couple of friends to the movies. 
Coffeeshop writing time while I wait to pick them up! YESS! ;-)
(That's all tomorrow!)
Gym with Billy and the kids Friday, plus a few errands.
Taking Bay to an Acteen event Friday night.
Lunch date with Billy on Saturday, and working on things around the house.
Church on Sunday.  Our first Sunday as a full-fledged church!

A peek into my day...
This isn't today, but it's been a while since I've posted a squirrel pic. :)  I'm hoping to get a bunch of recent ones up on my {long-neglected} photo blog soon. I'll link when I do. :)


I've already said I'd love to hear your thoughts or experiences with Chia seeds.  I'd also love to hear any gym/workout tips, experiences with essential oils, book suggestions, or prayer needs.  Leave a comment below, or shoot me a note via the "contact" box in the sidebar.  

Thanks to Peggy at Simple Woman's Daybook for hosting each month!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to Ponderings of an Elect Exile!  Whether you are new here or a faithful friend and regular reader, I'm glad you're here!  If you aren't already following, I'd love to have you join us for the 2014 Ponderings.  It's easy to do, in a variety of ways!  You can follow via  Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest, or  find me on Instagram as Jenbh68. You can also sign up in the sidebar to receive new posts by email. 

No comments: