6.11.2014

ICAD!!


I *big pink and red fluffy heart love* index cards. Index cards are one of my staples of life.  I use them for everything: verses I want to memorize, reminders to myself and others, mini grocery lists for mid-week grocery trips, quotes I want to save, things I need to remember from phone conversations, and on and on and on.

I love index cards.

So when I saw a super-cute decorated index card on Instagram this morning, with the hashtag #ICAD, I knew I had to investigate.

And investigate I did, although it was hours later before I had an opportunity.

Imagine my delight to discover that there is a whole community of people doing fun, creative things with index cards for 61 days during June and July!

I had to get in on this, even if I am 11 days late to the party. :-D

Here's the main thing you need to know, should you wish to join me (from the DaisyYellow ICAD FAQ page):
Starting on June 1st, create something on a 3x5" index card every day for 61 days. If you start after June 1 you do not need to catch up, just start. You can do more at the end if you wish. But get going, that is what is important.
Pretty much the only "rule" is that you use a 3x5 (or 4x6) index card...not a 3x5 piece of some other type of paper/cardstock/etc., but an index card.

They can be simple or complex.  There's all kinds of other info on the FAQ page linked above, if you're interested.

I haven't read it all yet.  I'm just jumping in.  I'll read the rest as I have time.

In the meantime, I did my first card today.  I had all kinds of ideas for things I wanted to try.  I'm loving the thought of doing some totally no-stress, small-scale creating this summer.  My creative muscles need this stretching right now!

But part of the reason this appeals to me is that time is limited at the moment.  We just started going to the gym regularly.  I'm doing Blogathon during the month of June.  It's summer and the kids are busy, and we actually school year-round, so we need to get some book-learning in, too.

As I said, I had all kinds of things I wanted to try with my first index card for #ICAD.  Then Billy walked in just as I was getting started and said my van wouldn't start.

*HEADBANG, HEADBANG, HEADBANG*

So I spent the next hour or so "helping him work on the van" (translation: standing beside him holding tools and occasionally checking to see if the van would start. I'm not terribly handy.)

By the time I finally settled back into my chair to work on my card, I was worn out, and it was getting late.  So I went with super-duper-simple for my first day.




I love this quote!  I don't know where it originated, but I ran across it on Treasured Up and Pondered earlier today and thought it would make a fun index card quote.

No doodles or fancy lettering today, and nothing amazingly artsy.  Just a little washi tape. What could be simpler??

Want to join me? Head over to DaisyYellow and check it out, and leave me a comment here or on Facebook to let me know you're in!

(Ammah Grace asked what I was doing earlier, and she decided to join me.  She did this one super-fast while I was finishing this blog post.  I love it!!  We're going to get the other kids started tomorrow. I can't wait to see what they do with this for the next 6 weeks or so!)




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post or posts on Ponderings of an Elect Exile has been a blessing to you, would you do me a huge favor?  Please share the link to Ponderings with your friends using the social media share buttons below or the "pin it" button above.  Thank you! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to Ponderings of an Elect Exile!  Whether you are new here or a faithful friend and regular reader, I'm glad you're here!  If you aren't already following, I'd love to have you join us for the 2014 Ponderings.  It's easy to do, in a variety of ways!  You can follow via  Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest, or  find me on Instagram as Jenbh68. You can also sign up in the sidebar to receive new posts by email.

No comments: