6.30.2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

For June 30, 2008

Outside my Window...
Sunlight coming through the trees, birds chirping, an occasional car driving down the street.

I am thinking...
about all we need to get done today, changing our chore routine, a busy but welcomed "week (mostly) at home", and how nice it has been to have Billy off more than usual lately (and how sad we are going to be when his days off are over this week and he has to go back to a normal schedule for the rest of the summer :-( ).

I am thankful for...
the beginning of a week we thought would never get here, which will hopefully bring some closure to a long-term extended family crisis so that we can begin to experience a "new normal"; my BIL and niece joining the church yesterday...my BIL's contagious joy and excitement about sharing the gospel with others, and the anticipation of their baptism Sunday;
that we survived camp and VBS and the rest of the summer is *empty* of major outside commitments!

From the kitchen...
Really simple fare this week...maybe taco salad tonight?

I am creating...
new chore lists for the kids, our "rest of the summer" schedule, and hopefully finishing up some "hanging" creative projects from the past couple of months so that I can start some new ones!

I am going...
to thoroughly enjoy a *normal* day at home today!!

I am wearing...
red print shirt and black shorts with jeweled black flip flops

I am reading...
The Beautiful Ache, by Leigh McLeroy. *Incredible* book and exactly what I needed to read at this time in my life. Highly recommended reading...especially for anyone who is going through one of the *storms of life* now.

I am hoping...
For no unexpected surprises this week.
For a great birthday for a young friend today!
For a safe and productive mission trip for my friend T....back in Haiti this week.
For a wonderful vacation for my friends J. and H. this week!

I am hearing...
Darcy bark because she wants the children to finish their chores and play with her!!

Around the house...
we are working to restore order and get back to the work of decluttering and beautifying our home. And Billy is painting the outside trim...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my favorite things...
a note from a friend, "just because"

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Continue catching up around the house and getting back to *routine* (as much as is possible with Dad off two days and a holiday on Friday! :)).
A big day tomorrow, with hopefully some fun thrown in later (we hope to picnic at the Nature Center tomorrow afternoon, and maybe play some putt-putt at the park tomorrow evening.)
Bayley gets her ears pierced Thursday in anticipation of her birthday in August!
(We told her she could have them done early so she would actually be able to *wear* the earrings she will get for her birthday. :))
*Something* festive on the 4th...not sure what yet!
*Maybe* a scrapbook day on Saturday with a friend or two...:-)
Tim and Brianna's baptisms on Sunday!!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Blogger still isn't letting me post pictures, so I will have to try again when I get that worked out!

Thanks to Peggy for hosting the Daybook each week!

1 comment:

A happy heart at home said...

Nice to 'meet' you through your Daybook! I'm hoping to declutter over the summer, too.

~Susan