6.17.2008

Found Treasures...

...around the Net this week...:)

Canvas of Happiness...Mt. Hope Chronicles is one of my favorite blogs...Heidi inspires me in so many ways! I love her Canvas of Happiness idea...I have some canvases I've been planning to play with this summer, and now I'm planning a twist on this idea for the kids' rooms. I love things that are simple *and* creative!

Altered Rolodex Idea File...I ran across a new-to-me blog this week, Blah, Blah, Blog. Lots of neat creative stuff there, but I especially loved this altered Rolodex idea file. What a great way to keep track of all the "I'd like to do that someday"s that I can't seem to keep track of no matter how hard I try. I'm going to have to keep an eye peeled for a good price on the right Rolodex (something else to scan garage sales for! ;-))


"Laugh at the Future"...Isn't it weird how you can read, hear, and study a particular chapter in the Bible all your life, and still completely miss a verse or phrase contained in it? Who would have thought that could happen with Proverbs 31? But yesterday it did. I was reading Janel's Simple Daybook entry yesterday, and she referenced Proverbs 31: 25:


She is clothed with strength and dignity;
She can laugh at the days to come.


I'm going to have to do some more in-depth study of that verse this week. I have been so thankful for the gift of laughter during rough days these last few years...I love the idea of facing the uncertain days to come with laughter, rather than anxiety. (I'm also enjoying Janel's blog, and hope to have time to read more there soon.)


1 comment:

Janel said...

I love it when verses pop out at us like that!

Hope to see you around. :)