3.13.2008

Thankful...Busy!!


Co-op classes, drs. appointments, birthday parties, field trips, co-op presentation night, playing the organ in church (did I mention I don't *play* the organ? ;-)), getting a head start on VBS, and our homeschool art fair...it's been quite a busy few weeks! Hopefully I'll be back soon with pictures and a story or two. I also have a couple of blog awards to share, and...I've been tagged. :) Looking forward to being back with all that and more soon!

In the midst of all the busy-ness, there is much to be thankful for. For my wonderful husband, who keeps me going through all of it and helps in so many ways....he spoils me and puts up with me and makes me laugh and even does dishes! For four funny, creative, healthy, amazing kiddoes. For family, which although it is very different than I expected it to be at this time in our lives, is still a wonderful blessing. For friends, who listen, and make me laugh, and cry with me occasionally, and listen some more. For our church, which while it isn't perfect (because none are :)), has been a treasure in more ways than we can count over the years...a blessing many desire but don't have. For Billy's job, which certainly brings its share of stress, but which also is the source of unexpected provision and odd blessings. For the hope of input from a new doctor soon, and the evidence of God's hand at work in mysterious ways. For the opportunity to homeschool...I realize more and more what a blessing that is, and it has truly become a *joy*, despite the challenges. For music, a gift which constantly comforts, and encourages, and strengthens me as God uses it to reach me in the deepest, darkest valleys and on the highest mountains. For new and exciting opportunities for creativity. For a Heavenly Father who never changes, no matter how much our circumstances do, and who loves us and patiently keeps teaching and correcting us and showing us more of Himself and His glory in the darkest days.

What are you thankful for today? Thankful Thursdays are found at Sting My Heart...and I'm thankful for Iris and her reminder each week to stop and be thankful!

6 comments:

Denise said...

Be blessed sweet one.

Edwena said...

It sounds like you're very busy, but the Lord is good. Amen!
Edwena

Shari Ellen said...

That's right, churches aren't perfect. But they are filled with so many brothers and sisters in Christ who are trying to grow individually and as a church body. I, too, am thankful for my imperfect church.

Love Bears All Things said...

Bless your thankful heart this week!
Be careful not to spread yourself too thin. Take time for "you".
Mama Bear

t marie said...

I am thankful for amazing friends and family that pray for me. What a wonderful blanket that covers me.

I am thankful for a BEAUTIFUL person that I can call friend regardless of the number of years since our last play date. You are one of the most beloved persons in my life and you have a claim on my heart that's all your own. I love you Jef.

And I am thankful that God allows us to hear Him speak and see Him work. What awesome encounters.

eph2810 said...

Oh, I am so glad to read your up-beat post today :) It is wonderful that you will have a doctor who might be able to help with your health problems.
Yes - I believe that home-schooling can be very stressful, but what a blessing to share with your children your faith and raise them in God's way and not the public way.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and yours...