10.14.2008

Target...Finally!!

We've waited. And waited. And WAITED. I'm not sure who was more excited about the new Target opening, my children or their mama! It's been almost like Christmas. "Mom, WHAT day does Target open? And what day is TODAY?" over and over and over again. :)


Then I discovered last Thursday from Kelli that our wait was over earlier than we had thought! There was a "soft opening" last week before their grand opening on Sunday. I decided I wouldn't tell the kids...I would surprise them if it worked out to go during what was already a busier than usual week.


Friday afternoon we made it. The kids were ecstatic. (I was a bit excited myself! ;-)) We met Mamoe there and ended up being there over twice as long as the hour that I had planned, but we survived and the kids loved it. For those who are interested, there is a *whole aisle* of Lego. :-D It has been elevated to *super-duper store* status by my 10 year old by virtue of that fact alone!


It will take a while to get used to being able to pop in to Target *any old time*, but we're ready to work on it. Now, if we just had a Costco and a Mardels.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at all those happy Target shoppers! Target must love this post--it's free advertising (also for the love of Chick-fil-A, I see!).

Did you see any jars of Nutella? Hmmmm....? Inquiring minds want to know!