10.14.2008

Simple Woman's Daybook...A Bit Belated :)





For Today...

October 14, 2008


Outside My Window...

the sun is just coming up.


I am Thinking...

about my BIL's trip to Atlanta tomorrow. He is attending an evangelism conference and then will be *hitting the streets* of downtown Atlanta for open-air preaching/evangelism. I know he would appreciate prayers for safety and for God to work mightily in his time there.
about the *long* To Do list that awaits for today and the rest of the week!
about fitting in lots of extra piano practice hours in the coming weeks in preparation for the children's choir Christmas musical. Eek!

From the Learning Rooms...

Working on Mega Memory Month projects,

Beginning our Holiness study,

Reading Genevieve Foster's The World of Columbus and Sons.


I am Thankful For...

The blessing of two vehicles again!

Cooler temps which make for a much more comfortable house. :)

Books!


From the Kitchen...

Hopefully I'll *actually* get the chicken and dumplings made that I've been planning for two weeks!

Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars

Thinking about making some pumpkin bread. :)


I am Wearing...

still in my PJs. :)


I am Reading...

Nothing new this week...trying to catch up on my stack of books I've *started but not finished*!


I am Hoping...

for a smooth, peaceful, productive week,

to catch up on some unfinished projects,

that it will begin to truly *look* and *feel* like fall soon...and that fall will hang around a while before cold weather hits!


I am Creating...

Playing *catch-up* on some creative projects this week.
(And Bayley wants me to make her a skirt this week...ack! We'll see how that goes. :))


I am Hearing...

The birds are all a-twitter outside this morning.


Around the House...

*LOTS* of laundry today...I skipped laundry yesterday...ack!


One of my Favorite Things...

Early morning quiet time.


A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...

Mostly an "ordinary week" this week...school, chores, church, co-op.

Other plans:

Visit the traveling Vietnam memorial exhibit at Chaffee this weekend,

Bay and Em have a GA project Saturday,

and Billy will be gone Saturday to the Arkansas Baptist Disaster Relief Volunteer training...it will be weird having him gone most of the day on a weekend, but I'm really glad he is going.
A Picture Thought I am Sharing...
Peter and Bayley after their watercolor class at JHARV Nature Center last week...
(You can't see the details from this picture, but they learned some cool new techniques.)

Thanks to Peggy at the Simple Woman for hosting the Daybook each week!

No comments: