10.20.2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY...
October 20, 2008

Outside My Window...

Crisp cool fall morning, birds chirping, promise of a beautiful day!

I am thinking...

lots of thoughts, about...
lessons God is teaching me,
remembrances of Octobers past,
plans for the week and weeks to come,
things I need and want to be teaching my children, and
working toward being the wife, mom, friend, and woman God wants me to be.

I am thankful for...
God's continuing the work He began in me, even when I falter and lose ground,
my husband and a few close friends who are always there loving and encouraging me, even when I am far from my best,
my children, on the good days *and* the bad.

From the kitchen...

"Breakfast for Dinner" tonight...Bacon/Cheese Bread and Eggs,
The rest of the week...
Chicken Fettucini Alfredo,
Pork Chops and Hash Brown Casserole,
Tacos and Rice,
Soup and Bread night
Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pumpkin Bread, and Cherry Cobbler.

(Btw, I finally tried the Chicken and Dumplings recipe from Southern Plate...Yummm! I have to say that I was a bit skeptical, but it tasted like my grandmother's and got rave reviews from the rest of my uber-picky family. ;-))

From the Learning Rooms...
Continuing with our Holiness/Reverence Study,
October Mega Memory Month Activities,
reading Genevieve Foster's The World of Columbus and Sons (which we are loving, btw!),
and *normal school*. :))

I am wearing...
Black knit dress and black jeweled flip flops.
I am creating...
Still working on our Holiness/Reverence study (it is a "work as you go" project! :)),
Still playing catch-up on creative projects,
and beginning to make plans for Christmas (which is why I *must* get caught up on past projects *quick*!!)

I am reading...
nothing new this week...still puttering my way through my *stack*.
(I really need to actually *finish* some of those books soon! :))

I am hoping...
to actually *finish* the blog post I started yesterday afternoon and never had a chance to complete...hopefully later today. :)

I am hearing...
silence!
Blessed, wonderful, beautiful SILENCE.
(Can you tell it has been a rather *noisy* weekend at our house??)

Around the house...
I need to finish the "great fall clothes swap" that I began this weekend.
I need to resume diligence in *inspecting* the children's chores,
and encourage *them* to resume diligence in completing them *thoroughly*!
I need to start filling black trash bags again!! Time to get back to purging and sorting.

One of my favorite things...
just *hanging out* with my husband and kids on the weekend...whatever we're doing. :)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Homeschool co-op presentation night Thursday,
Fall Festival at church Saturday,
a productive week at home the rest of the week!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Last week we did a "micro-mini" unit on the VietNam war in preparation for our visit to the Travelling Wall Memorial exhibit at Chaffee. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the pictures/story posted later today. :)Emlyn looking at names on the wall.

For more Daybook entries, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman.


1 comment:

John and Lisa said...

Your menu this week sounds wonderful. Can I come over for dinner?
I look forward to reading your post about the memorial.