9.08.2008


Outside My Window...

"Worker Men" (as my cousin Bill used to say) roofing the building across the street, sunshine filtering through the trees.

I am thinking...

Pondering Bro. Kent's sermons yesterday, songs we sang at church, and several "iron sharpens iron" conversations with friends lately...

How much I always miss Billy on Mondays!

That it would be really helpful to have a day between Sunday and Monday to prepare for the week!! :)

I am thankful...

For a pastor who loves God's Word and holds it in highest esteem, and who preaches the Word solidly, verse-by-verse, without apology...

For a minister of music who is committed to worship rather than entertainment, and who pushes us to excel musically for the Glory of God...

For my husband, who is committed to leading our family as God would have him to, and whose unselfish love is such a picture to me of Christ's love for His Bride the Church...

For my children, whose sensitivity and creativity delight me always...

For parents who taught me "reverence for that which is holy" by example...

For friends who sharpen me as iron sharpens iron...

For my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, who encourage me every week, and for the challenge my BIL is to me to live for Christ and spread the Word...

For a good "first week" of school last week, including some *major* breakthroughs!

From the kitchen...

Saloon Beef sandwiches (finally), pasta salad, and a chocolate pie in the works for tonight.

I am wearing...

black shorts and a red striped shirt.

I am creating...

still working on refining plans for the rest of our school year,

redoing my "file box" for the year,

and scrapbooking. :)

I am going...

nowhere this week that I don't have to! Only thing out of the ordinary on our calendar this week is Fall Co-Op signups Thursday. Can't believe it's that time already!

I am reading...

Ditto last week... ;-)
(Raising Musical Kids, by Patrick Kavanaugh,
Discovering Great Artists,
*Still* lots of school planning stuff. :)
And mostly the same stuff I was reading last week. ;-))


I am hoping...

Billy has a really good week at work this week (it's been rough lately. :-( ),

for a smooth and productive week on the home front this week,

for an early and longer-than-usual fall! :-)

I am hearing...

Darcy whimpering (she wants someone to play, and all her playmates are working at the moment!)

Myself humming our choir music from yesterday! :*)

Around the house...

Must. Fold. Mount. Laundry. MUST.

*Really* need to finish organizing books...got sidetracked a few weeks ago and never got finished...ack!

Would really like to get a chunk of the dining room done this week...we'll see how that goes. ;-)

A few of my favorite things...

1/2 off (scrapbooking) paper sales at Hobby Lobby...

a brand new package of Sharpies in fun colors...

a basket full of ribbon in every color of the rainbow...

a teenager at church flying across the room to give me a hug on Sunday morning! (I know that doesn't fit with the "crafty stuff" theme, but it was such a day-brightener yesterday I had to include it. :))


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Co-Op registration Thursday,

More school...;-)

Getting caught up on my "to do", "to read","to make" and "to write" lists...(Okay, so *getting* caught up with probably never happen, but I hope to at least *work toward* it a little more this week than I have lately. :))

For more Daybook entries, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, man! I didn't know we were allowed to put more than one answer....LOL. I feel like I messud up my first Simple Woman Daybook! LOL

I hear a lot of 'working men', can't see them from window.
I could use a good Iron Sharpens Iron conversation