4.03.2008

Thankful Thursday






My mind is scattered this week, as are my thankful thoughts. Here are my random thoughts of thankfulness this week:

1. Safe travel for Billy, Bay, and the rest of the family to Billy's grandmother's funeral last week.

2. Several *biggies* over and off the calendar...starting to see light at the end of the tunnel in our schedule!

3. God's constant reminders that He is God and He is working in the circumstances of our lives, even when we can't see or feel it...reminders to continue to trust in His sovereignty and goodness, even in the dark times.

4. God's provision in finding clothing for the summer for all four children at the Growing Kids' Sale yesterday. I found some great deals and completed everyone's summer wardrobes! Even found clothes for the big boy...which I really wasn't expecting. Everything I brought home fit but *one* pair of shorts for Peter, and, even better, everyone *liked* everything I brought home! I'm thankful for my friend Jodie who kept my children so I could shop, my friend Kathy who prods me on and commiserates about how much work it is :), my mom, who came and helped me shop, and my dear, patient, longsuffering husband, who was patient to wait to be picked up from work while I finished shopping.

5. Getting back in the creative groove. I have finished *five* scrapbook pages in the past week and a half! It has felt so good to be creating again, and I'm looking forward to more. I also have a fun project starting (well, fun for *me* anyway...:)) that I'll be working on for the next 6 weeks or so, *and* I'm making some baby steps toward getting my business off the ground.

6. My grandmother's jonquils. The flowers in the pictures above were planted by my grandmother. They have to have been planted at least 15 or 16 years ago, because she has been gone for almost 12 years, and broke her hip and required nursing home care for several years before that. The flower beds were completely neglected for several years before we bought the house, and by that time, they were completely grown up with weeds and a tangle of who knew what. Billy finally mowed the whole mess down last summer and I hadn't gotten around to doing anything else with it yet. Then one day a month or so ago, Billy came in and said, "You've got to come look at this." Sure enough...there were little green shoots poking up from the ground...unmistakably my grandmother's jonquils. After all this time, they are still there. They definitely need some work to be at their best, but they are still there, a beautiful reminder of my grandmother and of the awesome-ness of God's creation. They've been an extra-special treat this spring!
For more Thankful Thursdays, visit Iris at Sting My Heart.

2 comments:

kel said...

What wonderful blessings!

Denise said...

I enjoyed your thankful post sweetie.