11.03.2014

Simple Woman's Daybook {NaBloPoMo Edition}

3 November 2014
Outside my window...
Dark and cold. The wind has been blowing today, and we are expecting thunderstorms by morning.

I am thankful...
for a calm, quiet (well, as quiet as it gets around here!) day today.

In the kitchen...
Smoked Sausage and Potato Skillet for supper...soooo yummy!

I am wearing...
Comfy warm sweats.

I am creating...
a fun gift for a friend. *heart* 

I am going...
 to bed early tonight! (I hope. Just as soon as I finish this blog post. :))

I am wondering...
how tomorrow's elections are going to turn out. Anxious to see results!

I am reading...
not actually reading it yet, but really, really looking forward to reading Though He Slay Me, by Jamie Freeman. I rarely just buy a book at full price, but I've looked forward to this one so much that I'm doing just that.

I am hoping...
it doesn't rain as much or as hard as they are predicting tomorrow. Weary of rain this year. 

I am looking forward to...
Billy being off a few days this week and next. :)

I am learning...
more and more about essential oils, and looking forward to sharing a little of what I'm learning here on the blog. 

I am pondering...
my blog posts for the rest of NaBloPoMo. So many ideas...looking forward to the rest of the month!

A favorite quote for today...
"There are no mundane tasks for the Jesus follower. To feel His presence tinges all of our daily acts with weight and glory." ~ Bill Delvaux, retweeted by Scotty Smith
 
I shared this quote on Facebook this morning with this comment: It's so easy to feel that we are immersed in the mundane, whether we are homeschooling our children, working to support a family, caregiving for elderly family members, or whatever comprises our daily routine. Love this reminder that if we are following Him, there is nothing mundane about any of it!

One of my favorite things...
 Conversations with my kids! They just get more delightful all the time. Love the serious ones, the funny ones, all of them! Lately we've been having lots of interesting discussions about government and politics, both during our official "school time" and other random occasions. Definitely one of my favorite things these days!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Voting tomorrow, Billy off Thursday and Friday...otherwise, just our normal routine. Probably the last semi-calm week before the first of the year!

A peek into my day...
 
Joining up with Peggy from Simple Woman's Daybook today. Visit her to see others' Daybooks!

No comments: