9.13.2012

Multitude Monday...The Tip of the {Blessing} Iceberg



Editor's Note:  This post was actually composed on Monday.  It's been one of "those" weeks, and I never got back to add photos and finalize the post. So...it's Multitude Monday on Thursday. :)


Counting the tip of the blessing iceberg today...

~ Our oven. And our mixers. Stood in front of the stove again today fighting tears as I was overwhelmed with God's blessings in so many areas that I am reminded of every. single. time. I use these wonderful gifts. Thankful for the friends they represent and for the God who is the giver of all gifts.





~ Excedrin!  Woke up with a totally disabling monster headache today.  As I was lying immobile waiting for the Excedrin to kick in, I couldn't help but think of friends who have much more frequent severe headaches than I have, who for whatever reason can't take Excedrin or similar meds.  I really don't know how they function.  

~ Our church.  Sat listening to the Gaither Vocal Band singing "Greatly Blessed" last night and thought about how that has been one of my theme songs in the last few weeks.  I am so overwhelmed on Sundays...and all through the week in between...with love for our new church family and excitement for the work God is doing in our little church.  There aren't adequate words to describe the joy and thankfulness God has given in this new adventure.




~ Our former church.  It's also hard to describe how thankful I am for our former church and how much we love our church family there.  So thankful we're able to continue, for a little while, being there for Wednesday night activities to help in the transition.  So thankful for the work God has done in our lives through Oak Cliff to bring us to the point that we needed to be to take this step of obedience.  So thankful for the relationships that continue with our church family there. I'm gathering from many of the reactions that we've received to the news of our "move" that it is rare for people to move from a church they dearly love to another church they dearly love, without there being a reason such as relocation.  What a blessing that's been for us. 


~ Cooler weather!!  Not a triple-digit in sight in the 10-day forecast.  Since that takes us into mid-September, I'm going to *hope* (although not take for granted!) that that means we're done with them for the year.  Yay!  Fall invigorates me.  I love it.  Praying for an early, long one this year!



~ Music.  Had such a HUGE treat last night, seeing and hearing the Gaither Vocal Band, Kevin Williams, and Gene McDonald in concert in Alma.  Got to hear new music that hasn't even been released yet, see David Phelps new hair-do (still not quite feeling the love for it :)), and experience Matthew Holt on the piano.  (And experience is definitely the word!  Apparently this young man is being called the Anthony Burger of his generation.  I can certainly see why after last night!)  Soaked in some incredible music, laughed a lot, and truly worshiped.  So thankful for the "concert fairy" who made it possible, and most of all, again, for the God who gives good gifts.  (Keep an eye peeled for this concert to have a blog post all its very own soon. :))



~ A good medical check-up recently for one of our children.  Wish I could share all that God has done there...maybe someday.  But for now, I'll just say that God has brought us a very long way in a very short time, and He has shown His power mightily, and I am so very thankful. 

~ My family.  I'm reminded every day how thankful I am for my husband, although he doesn't hear it nearly enough.  He is a true example of Christ's love for His bride, the church, and I am truly spoiled.  And I'm so thankful for my children, and for the blessing of being their mom.  They are so uniquely different, and it is so amazing to watch them grow and mature (and also to experience their crazy-nutty-goofy sides! :))  I can't wait to see what God is going to do in them from here!




Thanks for visiting Ponderings of an Elect Exile!  Don't want to miss a post?  Please take a minute to follow Ponderings of an Elect Exile on FacebookTwitter, and/or Pinterest.  Or subscribe by email via the box in the sidebar.  I'd also love to hear from you in the comments or via the email option on my profile page. 

Also, be sure to stop by A Holy Experience to see what others are thankful for this week.  I love Ann's Monday post on "The Greater Problem of Good."  So true! 




No comments: