11.17.2011

Day 17 ~ World Prematurity Day





I actually had another post planned for today's 30 Days of Gratitude post, but I discovered that today is World Prematurity Day, and I decided I couldn't let it go by without some mention.  

I'm thankful for our 30 week preemie who is now a bright, healthy, active almost-8-year-old. (Yes, I said 8. How in the world did THAT happen?? :))  All babies are miracles, but she is one of those who reminds us of that even more than usual. Six weeks in NICU, all kinds of dire predictions, many, many prayers by people literally all over the world...and since the day she left NICU, she's been completely healthy and normal in every way.  We serve an amazing God!  

So many who read my blog have heard Ammah Grace's story over and over, but for those who haven't, you can read more here, here, and here.   

I'm thankful for all of my children, but on this World Prematurity Day, I'm thankful for our not-so-little-anymore preemie who reminds us daily that we serve a mighty God of miracles, and for the wonders too many to declare that He has given us in her story...


 I waited patiently for the LORD;
   H turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
   out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock
   and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
   a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
   and put their trust in the LORD.
  Blessed is the man
   who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
   to those who turn aside to false gods.
Many, O LORD my God,
   are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
   no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
   they would be too many to declare.
~ Psalm 40:1-5





No comments: