10.04.2010

Fall Daybook...

FOR TODAY...October 4, 2010


Outside my window...An absolutely perfect *cool*  fall morning.  Sunshine is glistening on the trees outside...beautiful!   

I am thankful for...an encouraging, fun, refreshing weekend and the family and good friends I shared it with.  Beautiful fall weather.   Improved physical strength...even with a bit of a fall allergy attack, feeling SO much better than I have in the past few weeks...so thankful for every day that I'm up and going!   Our church.  Music!  

From the learning rooms...Finally getting started on our timeline books...yay!  Also working on owl lapbooks we've been trying to do since summer.  Memorizing 1 Thessalonians 4:7-12.  Otherwise just trying to have a good, solid school week.  

From the kitchen...I am singing, shouting, and jumping up and down (well, on the inside, anyway :)).  The house is finally cool enough  to use the OVEN again.  I am so very excited...we may bake all week long!  And...a most wonderful friend gave me a copy of the Southern Plate: Classic Comfort Food That Makes Everyone Feel Like Family cookbook  this weekend.  Yum.  Yum.  And yet another YUM.  I think I have gained ten pounds just *READING* it.   Three of my  favorite recipes are from Southern Plate... Chocolate Cobbler, Pizza Rolls, and the super-delicious Chicken and Dumplings.   I'm seeing lots of Southern Plate recipes on the menu this week!

I am creating...little celebrations of fall at our house.   Even made a fall wreath for the door last week!  That's probably the end of my random fun creating for a while, though...the next few weeks we are going to be doing major purging, organizing, and refreshing (painting! :)) around the house, AND working on the 50th anniversary scrapbook for our church's anniversary celebration later this month.   (Although I *am* hoping to make some pumpkins like my friend Tauna's soon!




On my mind...Andy's sermon last night, and this article from Rebelution's  Alex and Brett Harris.  Andy preached about suffering {intentionally} for Christ...Alex and Brett's article is a twist on their "Do Hard Things" theme, "When Hard Things Come to You."   Much food for thought (and prayer). 

I am going...to my sister-in-law's tonight to celebrate my niece's birthday and see Nonna and Granddad, homeschool group yearbook photos and church/choir on Wednesday, friends' soccer games on Thursday, two-week shopping trip Friday, and at least one long stint at church to scan photos for the anniversary scrapbook.   It's a bit slower week than the last few have been...for which I'm thankful! 


I am reading...my first Ted Dekker book ever.   I keep hearing "you either love Ted Dekker books or hate them".   I'm about 1/4 of the way through, and the jury is still out.   Check back in a week or two for a review here...:)




I am hoping...for a long, beautiful fall, and for my family to stay healthy throughout!  (Last year we did 7+ weeks of the chicken pox starting the first week of October.  It put a serious damper on our enjoyment of our favorite season!)

I am hearing...Emlyn and Ammah Grace chatting as they go through their old school notebooks.  There is lots of giggling going on in the process...such silly girls!

Around the house...Getting ready to tackle some much-needed repairs and do some serious painting next week when Billy is off...yay!

One of my favorite things...Fall picnics!

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Cooking (baking!), schooling, singing (choir :)), shopping, scanning, cleaning, sorting, purging, reading, photographing...



To see what others are doing this week, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook



No comments: