11.04.2008

Simple Woman's Daybook...Third Time's the Charm?

FOR TODAY...

November 4, 2008

(We're going to try this again...I started yesterday morning and didn't have time to finish, then had the post *almost* finished last night and *lost it*...UGH!...So maybe the third time will be the charm. I am already having spacing issues...Blogger refusing to let me space things the way I want to...so I apologize for the awkward spacing. I have no idea why that happens sometimes, but it is frustrating (particularly when it wasn't happening on either of the other posts I started. Grr.)

Outside My Window...

The sun is coming up, leaves are starting to cover the ground, it's still and quiet this morning.

I am thinking...

About today's election,

plans for a busy day ahead,

and the nap I would love to take today but won't get to. :)

I am thankful for...

My wonderful husband, who spoils me incredibly, is a fabulous daddy, and who works hard for us at work and at home,

for peace that God has His hand on the election today, and that no matter what the outcome, He IS in control (John 14:27, 2 Tim. 1:7, and Prov. 21:1...thanks to my friend Julie for posting these verses! And to Bro. Kent for an excellent reminder Sunday that "If Hell cannot stop the advance of His kingdom, what makes you think a Super-Majority will???")

From the kitchen...

Last night, chicken and dumplings from Southern Plate again. Yum!! This has become one of our favorites...they remind my of my grandmother's chicken and dumplings, and they are quick and easy to make (especially if you cook, shred, and individually bag a bunch of chicken breasts ahead of time.)


(These are hard to photograph...I couldn't get a "true" picture to come out. :-( )

From the Learning Rooms...

Wrapping up Mega-Memory-Month (I know, it is technically over, but we haven't had time for our final presentation to dad, or our final post.)

Continuing our Holiness/Reverence study,

*Micro-unit* on elections, with a field trip today to go vote. :)

And "normal school". :)

I am wearing...

Dark green sweat pants and a blue t-shirt.


I am creating...

Order out of chaos on my desk. :)

I am reading...

The Holiness of God, by R.C. Sproul,

Mozart's Sister, by Nancy Moser

I am hoping...

for a smooth day today,

and praying for a McCain/Palin win today!

I am hearing...

A quiet house, other than the dog snoring beside me. :)

Around the house...

Working on a new cleaning schedule.

One of my favorite things...

Finally nailing a challenging piece of music after practicing for hours and hours and HOURS on it. I had forgotten what a good feeling that was! :)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Today...voting, errands, a photo shoot with friends,

Serious work on the kid's parts for the Christmas musical,

More serious piano practice for the Christmas musical for me ;-),

school, church, chores, etc.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Thanks to Peggy at The Simple Woman for hosting the Daybook each week!


1 comment:

t marie said...

Love the photo at the end. And I would love some chicken and dumplins. (After the wisdom tooth surgery. Until then I guess I'll be on mashers, yogurt, and milkshakes for the next 4 weeks.)