6.15.2009

Simple Woman's Daybook..Home Again!




For Today...June 15, 2009

Outside my window... cloudy..the sky appears to be making up its mind about whether to rain...

I am thinking... My thoughts have been bombarded recently with the "hugeness" of God, and the way we try to "shrink" Him into something we can understand, when there is no way we could ever *begin* to understand Him. During the camp presentation last night, we were presented over and over again with the awesomeness of God, as we looked at the immensity of the universe, and then realized that God breathed the galaxies into existence with a word. And yet...we were also reminded that not a sparrow falls that He doesn't see. His power is so far beyond what we can comprehend, and He cares about the minutest details of our lives.

From the learning rooms...Continuing our camp/VBS break this week, although I may put some "fun stuff" in the workboxes the rest of this week. The week after VBS is "deep clean" week at our house, and the next week we'll hit school again. :)

I am thankful for... an incredible week at camp last week, safety during Friday's storm, a great worship service last night, my wonderful husband, and my precious children.

From the kitchen... Good question! ;-) Actually, I do have a vague plan, it just isn't on paper yet. I think tonight will be BBQ Beef, potatoes, green beans, and salad. And then I really need to get a roast out of the freezer to thaw for tomorrow.

I am wearing... Our fabulous 2009 camp tee shirt :-) , denim capris, and jeweled flip flops.

I am reading... the book of Isaiah, during my Bible Study time. I realized recently that while many of my favorite scripture passages are from Isaiah, I've never actually read the whole book! I'm excited about studying it now.

Also reading Rest: Living in Sabbath Simplicity, for a book review in a couple of weeks, and *hoping* Tour De Force comes today, as I'm supposed to review it by Friday! :)

If I ever locate my missing camp notebook, I plan to spend some time this week going back over my notes in it. I have everyone's but mine!

I am hoping... for no more rainy weather this week!

I am creating... I am at that "desperate need to create" stage right now, and hoping to have some time to tackle a creative project or two this week. Mostly right now, I'm creating clean
laundry from dirty camp laundry, and final prep for VBS crafts. :)

I am praying... for friends going through difficult days this week, for all who went to camp as we live out in the "real world" what we learned last week, for my hu
sband as he goes back to work after a week off.

Around the house... Trying to get everything back in order from being away for a week before we go into VBS mode next week. :)

One of my favorite things... my husband's sensitivity to people's needs, and his willingness to meet those needs without being asked. Every time I thought I was not going to be able to take another step last week at camp, he showed up with a cold drink and an offer to carry my bag. I couldn't have made it through camp without him!!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Taking the kids to the Nature Center, a library trip, *hopefully* a movie at the library on Thursday, final shopping for VBS supplies, and going to hear Michelle Duggar speak at our monthly homeschool moms' RENEW!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



So many camp photos, so little time to post! :) After I get the rest of my camp photos uploaded to Facebook, I'll get a camp post up here. This morning I'm really missing the beauty and fellowship of last week. (And the super-cold air in our dorm that Anita and I tried to turn off but couldn't. :))

For more Daybook entries, visit Peggy's blog.



No comments: