1.12.2009

Simple Woman's Daybook~Vacation Day :)





FOR TODAY.. January 12, 2009

Outside my window..Inky black darkness, except for the security light across the street.  I am up much earlier than I had planned to be!

I am thinking... that  I really wish I was still in bed.  Billy is off today and I had hoped we could all sleep a bit late, but I awoke in the wee hours with a monster headache.  By the time it is gone, I'm afraid it will be time to get up. :) 

I am thankful for...  curtain fabric!!   My wonderful friend who is moving and purging brought me two bags of fabric yesterday...perfect for much-needed curtains.  

From the learning rooms...   a day off today!  Since our "principal" is off work and home today, I think we'll call it parent-teacher conference day. :)   Otherwise, we had a good solid week of school last week (yay!) with just the basics; hopefully we will do as well this week as we add in other subjects. 

From the kitchen...  I'm planning a big brunch today, since Billy is off...biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, and maybe hash browns.   Tonight we are having one of Peter's favorites...BBQ smokies in the crock pot, mashed potatoes, veggies, and some kind of homemade bread.  Yum. :)

I am wearing...  A black and green fuzzy Field and Stream sweatshirt...my second favorite cozy sweatshirt for really cold mornings. 

I am creating... curtains!  That is the plan, anyway. :)  Hopefully I'll have pictures later in the week.  
(And hopefully A Daily Touch of Beauty every day, with a report later in the week. :))

I am going...  not much of anywhere this week, I hope...a few very quick errands
 later today, and then the only things on the calendar this week are church Wednesday and Sunday and a big grocery trip on Friday. 

I am reading... creativity-inspiring blogs, such as A La Mode, The Inspired Room, Nesting Place, and Thrifty Decor Chick.   And working on my 999 Reading List (but getting a slow start! Ugh.)

I am hoping... for a great "day off" with Billy and the kids today.  

I am hearing...  the hum of the heater behind me.  Otherwise, the house is completely quiet 
other than my clicking on the keyboard.  
 
Around the house...  working on curtains for the Entry Hall, kitchen, and bathroom this week.  (Have I mentioned that already?  Can you tell I'm a tad excited at the prospect??)    

One of my favorite things...  a freshly cleaned/organized refrigerator!  (One of my projects over the weekend, and I'm having to stop myself from just standing there with the door open
 enjoying the view. :) )

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Celebrating our anniversary...13 years!...tomorrow (at home, with the kids, contentedly :-)  Otherwise, hopefully a  quiet, productive week.  

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

All four kids worked together for *hours* last week building this Lego tower.  I wish I had gotten pictures of all four sides...there were some incredible details I missed in this photo (like "climbing ivy" on the back! :))  It was so much fun to watch them pooling their creative skills to get it "just right". 



For more Daybook entries, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

(I apologize for the spacing issues on this post.  For some reason, when I add photos to a post, the spacing and type size goes bananas, and *sometimes* Blogger will let me fix it, and *sometimes* it won't.   Does anyone know *why* that is, or *what* I can do about it?  It's making me *nuts*!! :))

3 comments:

Thia said...

Praying that you are feeling better! Happy Anniversary!

Life at the Lake said...

Rachel would LOVE dinner at your house tonight!!! She loves BBQ smokies. Enjoy your day of no school today.

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great way to spend it. Have a wonderful "parent/teacher conference".