1.05.2009



FOR TODAY.. January 5, 2009


Outside my window... Gray and cold.


I am thinking... about plans for the new year.


I am thankful for... my sweet family and wonderful friends, a kitchen full of food, rest and fun last week, a new year.


From the learning rooms... getting "back in the swing of things" this week after the break.


From the kitchen... leftover brisket for lunch, tacos for supper, and hopefully some bulk baking this week for breakfasts and snacks.


I am wearing... Dark green sweats...it's cold in here!


I am creating... lists, lists, lists! :) All kinds of plans for the new year for home, school, schedule, projects.


I am going... to run errands earlier than expected today...hoping to beat the icy rain that appears to be headed this way. Ugh! :)


I am reading... finishing the third book in Karen Kingsbury's 9/11 series, and then starting on my 999 reading list.


I am hoping... for a peaceful, productive week.


I am hearing... children working on their chores.


Around the house... New Year cleaning, straightening, purging, organizing.


One of my favorite things... paper and pens (I know, that's two, but I'm obsessed with both. :))


A few plans for the rest of the week: A solid week of school. Noticeable progress on the house. Food planned and prepared in a timely manner. Back to our normal Wednesday schedule at church.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...So *many* possibilities here...but I must restrain myself to keep from getting into trouble. :) So, I'll limit it to this picture of Bayley playing the Wii at a friend's birthday/slumber party this weekend. I'm not sure who ended up having more fun, the girls or the chaperones. :)

Thanks to Peggy at The Simple Woman for hosting the Daybook each week!!

No comments: