7.07.2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

July 7, 2008

Outside my Window...
sunny, hot, and humid.
I am thinking...
about the goodness of God in taking a week that promised to be very difficult (and certainly started out that way), and blessing and encouraging me immensely in it.
Special blessings...
a precious email from Leigh McLeroy after I posted about her book,
relaxing and fun family time and time with family friends,
a few hours to scrapbook with a friend,
and the highlight of our week...the baptisms of my BIL and niece yesterday.
I am thankful for...
my husband, who puts up with me even in the bad weeks...when I am grumpy, stressed, physically exhausted/hurting, and *not* a good help-meet at all...and who loves and supports me regardless. I am very blessed.
From the kitchen...
chocolate chip cookies...yumm.
For supper...maybe chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes?
I am creating...
plans for the rest of the summer and fall.
Scrapbook pages...a few this weekend and hopefully more this week!
a more organized and beautiful home as we (slowly) declutter and beautify.
I am going...
to be home all day today!
to be diligent in working through my *list* today.
to settle in on the sofa and read to the kidlets after lunch.
I am reading...
creative blogs, for inspiration!
continuing through The Beautiful Ache, by Leigh McLeroy...an amazing book.
I am hoping...
for a peaceful week, and no crises as we enter into perhaps the first extended period of *normalcy* we've had in years.
And praying for safe travel as two friends return from their travels and another leaves later this week.
I am hearing...
"Trust His Heart", sung by Babbie Mason...my theme song from last week!...transitioning into "The Power of the Cross", sung by Calling Levi (another of my favorite songs, sung by a group I hadn't heard of until last week, but which I am really enjoying.)
Around the house...
working toward order and beauty on the *inside*, as Billy works toward it on the *outside*...painting trim and clearing out our fallen-down ancient garage.
One of my favorite things...
beautiful music that God sends at *just the right time*.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Lots of reading with the kids,
lots of work on the house,
lots of creative pursuits, with the kids, for the house, and *just because*,
lots of planning time,
and some quiet evenings with Billy watching movies and recuperating from some crazy weeks lately. :)
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

My brother-in-law being baptized yesterday. Not the best photo...I ended up in the choir loft without any tissue...so my pictures turned out a bit blurry. ;-) The baptism was beautiful...Bro. Kent baptized Tim, and then Tim baptized his daughter, Brianna. Tim has posted the video Shelly took on his blog...it's worth watching!

Visit Peggy for more on the Simple Woman's Daybook!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meaningful music is medicine for the soul! I haven't heard of these songs so now I'll have to look them up. Thanks for sharing that.

I'm making a list of books I want to read and I haven't heard of The Beautiful Ache. I'll have to look that up as well.

Thanks for sharing today,
Robyn
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/sonoranstamper/

Love Bears All Things said...

I loved reading this daybook. What a blessing to see BIL baptised and your niece by her father. I would have cried too.

Mama Bear

Sandra said...

Loved reading your daybook :)

The Beautiful Ache sounds like a great book, I'll keep my eye out for it :)

Joyful Days said...

Sounds like a great day. I am a bit envious that you are home all day. That is a treasure for me. I am looking forward to that maybe next week.

Thank you for you sweet words of encouragement. I've not been so good at commenting, but you've been in my prayers & thoughts.

Blessings,

Julie

A happy heart at home said...

Congratulations to those baptized! That's wonderful! I enjoyed your Daybook. You are blessed indeed.

~Susan