7.16.2008

Good Answer...

It's been one of those weeks. You know, the ones when it seems that no one is aging but *you*? Yeah...one of those.

It all started when an old friend from "back home" posted about a visit with several ladies I've known most of my life. They were teachers and mentors during my growing up years, and had children close to my age. After looking at their pictures, I left a comment to the effect of "How come I am the only one who looks any older after all these years??"

Then another old friend...who was a couple of years ahead of me in school...found my blog and commented on it. I in turn went to her blog...and discovered that she still looks just like she did the last time I saw her...which was probably 15 years ago...or longer.

Then my friend T posted a new avatar picture on Facebook. My first thought when I saw it was, "She looks just like she did in college!"

Now...let me just say, for those who don't know already...no one is *ever* going to see a picture of me now and think I look anything remotely like what I looked like 15 years ago.

So today I was on T's Facebook page, and Emlyn wandered by...

"Mom, who is that?"

"That's Ta-Ta."

"Ta-Ta?????" (Eyes as big as saucers.)

"
Yes, Ta-Ta. Why?"

(Long pause.) "Ummm.....I thought Ta-Ta was OLD."

(Feeling a bit like Eyeore...) "Well, she is about a year older than I am...so is that *old*?"

(Long, thoughtful pause.) "Uhhh....No."

We may need to have a lesson on honesty tomorrow, but she's doing pretty well with tact and self-preservation today. :-D

1 comment:

t marie said...

OMW! I am laughing so hard I can't breathe!