7.13.2008

Bless the Lord...

"Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me, Bless His holy Name.

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me, Bless His holy Name.

He has done great things,
He has done great things,
He has done great things,
Bless His holy Name."
~Andre Crouch

Once again tonight, the song said exactly what I was feeling. We were sitting behind my brother-in-law, who was waiting to give his testimony tonight. Sitting in front of him was a couple who have been friends of ours for a long time, but whom we hadn't seen in forever. He was a dear friend of my dad's, who sat with Daddy for hours during his last few months, reading the Bible, praying, talking, or just sitting. Although none of us knew the connection until tonight, he and Tim had become friends recently...he has been praying with and encouraging Tim, and he and his wife came to church tonight to support Tim as he shared his testimony. It was wonderful to visit with them...they are such special blessings to us!

Tim's testimony, although I had heard/read most of it before, brought tears to my eyes again. Most of what he said can be read here and here. I had never heard Tim speak to a group before and was amazed at how smoothly and naturally he spoke; I knew he was nervous, but had he not said so, I would never have imagined he was. As always these days, his love for the Lord and his concern for the lost were exciting and convicting. So many (including me) have said lately, "Tim is so on fire for the Lord," and I am more and more convicted that that is how we all should be...and I am not there.

Tim, Shelly, and Brianna are such a blessing to us...I am so thankful to call them family!

What a blessing today has been...I'm going to remember that the next time I'm tempted to stay in bed and pull the blanket over my head on Sunday morning!! (See details on that here. :))

1 comment:

Leslie @ Joy n Pain said...

I just came across your blog and I look forward to coming back and looking around some more.

I'm a homeschooling mom of 4 as well (they're much younger though) :-)

-- Leslie
http://beingachristcommunity.wordpress.com/

http://jeoffsrib.blogspot.com