I didn't get to sit down and post this yesterday, but I composed it in my head while washing dishes yesterday, if that counts! I missed TT last week, and I didn't want to miss two weeks in a row!
The past couple of weeks have been a roller coaster here...some really hard days, but some really good ones and some special encouragement as well. There has been much to be thankful for during this time, so I'll just share a few random thoughts:
1. A long-anticipated trip to see Billy's parents in Hot Springs Village. More on our trip in another post (or two or three :)), but we so needed a break to get away as a family, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to do that. I'm thankful for the time to visit with his mom and dad and nephew, for a safe trip there and back with no van trouble, for the peace and beauty of the drive and their location, and for a time of rest (mentally, at least :)) and refreshment.
2. A date with Billy!! While we were in HSV, Billy's parents kept the kids so that we could go out for a few hours on Saturday afternoon. We had planned to go on the weekend of the AAUW's annual used book sale, and friends drove down to meet us for the sale and lunch. We rarely get to go out without the kids (this was our second *date* in over 6 months), so that was a treat. It was also a treat to get to spend some *grown up time* with our friends.
3. New books from the booksale! Have I mentioned that I *love* getting good deals on good used books?? We got 74 books at the book sale for $10.00...more on *that* in a separate post, too. :)
4. Christmas music!! Wednesday night we had *two* Christmas music previews...for the children's choir for which I play the piano, and for the adult choir, in which I sing. :) Christmas has been rough here for the past few years since my dad died, but this year I am suddenly excited about it again. I am *especially* excited about the music we are doing in both choirs (even though I *did* do my share of fussing about the fact that when I agreed to play for the Children's Choir the plan was that we weren't *doing* a Christmas musical...I'm getting over it. :))
5. Billy's vacation this week. It is just always good to have him at home, and we've gotten really spoiled this week. I'm *really* not looking forward to his going back to work next week (but I am really glad that he has a job to go back to, don't get me wrong!) We have really gotten a lot done this week on the house, and also had some time to just *veg* together. It's been nice.
6. My children's love of nature. This will get a post of its own, too, but we got to take a nature hike while we were in HSV...we've been planning it for a while and they were so excited about it. It was such a treat to see their delight in God's creation...all four of them calling out "Mom...Dad...come look! Check this out!" and ooh-ing and ahh-ing over a perfect pine-cone, an exquisite tiny mushroom, a particularly unique rock, or a simple little flower.
7. I know I'm leaving out something from my *kitchen sink list* from yesterday...I'll probably think of it as soon as I hit post. :) Anyway, I'm also glad to be able to participate in Thankful Thursday, and thankful for Iris's encouragement and friendship. She and Thankful Thursday are such blessings! Visit her at Sting My Heart for more Thankful Thursdays.