8.01.2012

We {Heart} Chick-Fil-A!!






For those who may have been living deep under the proverbial rock, today is Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day.  We are proud to support a company whose founder stands up for traditional Biblical values (without displaying bigotry or hatred, despite what many, including much of the media, would have one believe) regardless of opposition.  We are thankful for the stand our former governor, Mike Huckabee, has taken in organizing today's event, and we hope CFA sets all-time sales records today! 


Billy was off today, so we went to CFA for breakfast.  Yummmm!!  The only thing I don't like about CFA breakfast is having to make a decision.  Chicken Biscuit or Chick-n-Minis?  


We got there about 9:30 this morning, which seemed to be perfect timing.  Although the drive-through was busy, the lobby wasn't terribly bad.  We were able to order almost immediately, and didn't have to wait much longer than usual for our food.  Just a short time later, though, things began to get much busier, and friends who got there not long after we did had a much longer wait.  The Chick-Fil-A staff were polite as always and seemed to be handling the crowd well.  


There was a small group of protesters out front, which we avoided by coming and going the back way.  That was best regardless, as traffic on Rogers Avenue was pretty beastly. :)  I understand that since we left, police are now there re-routing all Chick-Fil-A customers through the back way in order to keep traffic moving on Rogers.  


I shared the entirety of an email from our friend Lyndel Hobbs on Facebook earlier, but I want to share a few paragraphs here, as he said it much better than I could:

People don't realize that "marriage" is discriminatory already. That's the beauty of marriage. That's what marriage is. It is saying that only you are for me and only me for you. It is saying that you can't marry more than one person at a time. It is saying that you can't marry your sibling, or your parent, or a person of the same gender. It excludes. It excludes everyone except one man and one woman. Anything else is not marriage. God designed it that way. To say otherwise is to defy Him, not to mention thousands of years of civilization.

Frankly, I hope Wednesday is so successful that other companies will see the "benefit" of standing for what is right.

I'm grateful that Bro. Kent, the pastor of our church, ordered sandwiches for everyone from Chick-fil-A for our Wednesday meal this week. My family plans to eat there for at least one more meal that day. The store in Fort Smith always has long lines in their drive-thru, and I comment on it everytime we pass, being somewhat amazed. I've been quite amused and grateful to see that since this newest firestorm the lines to their drive-thru have been all the way out into the street blocking traffic on Rogers Avenue (which I was trying to get past multiple times.) I hope the city comes to a stand-still next Wednesday as all of us try to get there. I hope that happens all across the country.

There is nothing hateful about any of this. I do not hate people who consider themselves gay. I hope to help them and I try to be kind to them just like I want to be with everyone and hope everyone will be with me. The people who are promoting hate are those who accuse us of being hateful. Are they unable to be kind? It is possible to disagree and still be kind.

Excellent words, Lyndel...thanks for letting me share them!

We Chick-Fil-A!








No comments: