12.09.2011

Remembering Seven Years Ago...





Remembering seven years ago...
missing dress rehearsal, friends helping in so many ways,
Isaiah 40:11,
Diet Coke in a bag, 
half the choir showing up at the hospital when dress rehearsal ended, 
just the right people being there at just the right times, 
watching every breath and wondering if it was the last...
until it was, and all the suffering was over, 
and we were left with a great big husband/daddy/father-in-law/Papaw-sized hole in our hearts.  

So thankful for these years he's spent rejoicing and worshiping instead of suffering, and for the certain hope that that night seven years ago was not good-bye.  Almost the last words I heard him say, in the midst of incredible pain, were "God has been so good to me."  So thankful for that memory that challenges me when I get caught up in earthly stuff and forget to see His goodness...

So thankful for my Daddy...





                                        


...and missing him an awful lot tonight...


1 comment:

t marie said...

(I tried to leave this comment from my phone last night, but Blogger didn't cooperate.)

I prayed for you today. You were on my heart. I miss your daddy too. He was so in love with Jesus and his family. I miss his smile and playing games with him at the dining room table.

The pictures you picked out are perfect. I love you, my most dear friend.