9.14.2009

Simple Woman's Daybook...Vacation Week!


FOR TODAY...September 14, 2009

Outside my window...Cloudy and looking like it might rain again...

I am thinking... about Bro. Kent's sermon yesterday on gratefulness for the goodness of God. What an amazing God we serve!

I am thankful for...Billy's vacation this week! We have big plans...rest and relax and have fun with the kids...and NO alarm all week!

I am wearing...Jeans, pink tank top, and brown babydoll shirt.

I am remembering...my friend Andy, who was killed in a car wreck 16 years ago yesterday.

I am creating...memories with my family this week!

I am going... to finish this post, eventually! I had planned to write it this morning, and didn't get that far, and have now been working on it off and on for almost 3 hours! Obviously waaay more off than on. :-)

I am reading...in a strange twist, I actually have multiple fiction books going at once at the moment. (A stack of non-fiction is normal, but I usually keep it to one fiction book at a time. :)) If I had the stack beside me, I could name them...but, alas. ;-)

I also checked out Raising Children to Adore God, by Patrick Kavanaugh, at the library today. I know nothing about this book but the title and back cover copy (and the fact that I have two books on music by this author), but I can't wait to read this! (If anyone has read it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it in the comments.:)) If you have read much of my blog, you know that I have really been convicted in the past year or so that my most important goal must be raising children who "treasure God in their hearts". I'm excited to see what Kavanaugh has to say on this topic.

I am hoping...that our week stays relaxing and peaceful as planned. :)

On my mind... Bro. Jeff's Sunday night sermon series on Acts 1:8, and pondering an upcoming blog post related to it.

From the learning rooms...We're taking a break this week from school due to Billy's vacation, but we are planning to do lots of reading and drawing with Dad this week.

Pondering these words... from yesterday morning's sermon... "Are we still going to give thanks to God, even though what happened, happened? Yes, we are! Because our God is the God of the Universe..." (Bro. Kent)

from last night's sermon...Christianity is growing on every continent but North America...it is *shrinking* in North America. (Bro. Jeff)

From the kitchen... Hoping to get a bit of bulk cooking done this week.

Around the house... Mostly basic chores and upkeep this week.

One of my favorite things~ Having Billy home during the week!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Church/Children's Choir/Adult Choir Wednesday, Homeschool Co-Op Thursday, and a trip to the Nature Center one day.

From my picture journal... I am too tired to even think about posting a photo tonight. I'll try to come back and post one tomorrow. :)

For more Daybook entries, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

Kecia said...

"looking like it might rain again"...yeah...we're about to FLOAT AWAY!!! The good news is, all 3 girls are out playing in it, so at least they're getting fresh air!