1.05.2013

In His Hand...






Held in the palm of His hand...what  thought! It's a thought I've been dwelling on a lot lately. I've needed to be reminded...for myself, for my family, and especially this week for precious friends.

I blogged about being held in the palm of His hand several years ago.  That post,  In The Palm of His Hand, has become the all-time most-read post on this blog. I've re-read that post more than once this week. I've also re-read this related post more than once: Trust His Heart.  I'm so thankful for the reminders of God's sovereignty, His faithfulness, and most of all, His love.

Isaiah 40:11 has been a favorite verse since a friend shared it with me a few days before my dad died.  I've treasured that image of God carrying us close to His heart as a shepherd carries a baby lamb ever since.  I've prayed often that friends going through trials would feel God holding them close to His heart in that way.

He tends his flock like a shepherd:
    He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
    he gently leads those that have young.

I love these verses about the Shepherd and the sheep as well...what a wonderful reminder that no matter what happens, nothing and no one can pluck us out of His hand!  He is holding us securely and won't let go...ever. 

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.  ~ John 10:27-30

Isaiah 49:14-16 say that not only does He carry us in His hands, but He has engraved us on the palm of His hand.  That is some kind of permanence and security!  

No matter what we or our loved ones are going through...if we are His, we are safe in the palm of His hand.  Amazing comfort in amazing love!




Thanks for visiting Ponderings of an Elect Exile!  Please take a minute to follow Ponderings of an Elect Exile on FacebookTwitter, and/or Pinterest.  Or subscribe by email via the box in the sidebar.

No comments: