3.30.2010

Links Worth a Look...

Just a couple today that are well worth a read...

1. I want to be a Follower!  Does Christ Have Fans or Followers?  On the Road to Calvary

Ann Voskamp does it again.  Beautiful, convicting, thought-provoking...

2.  Interesting and alarming... Christian Faith: Calvinism is Back

This article, linked by Challies this morning, struck me as really interesting until I hit the 3rd page.   (Having never realized until a few years ago that what I believe could be labeled as Calvinism, I just assumed I was noticing more about Calvinism in the world around me these days.  I had no idea that there was a "trend" involved.)  Then it was suddenly alarming, quoting statistics from a Barna Group survey to determine how many people hold a Biblical Worldview.  Fasten your seatbelts for these statistics:

Americans who hold a Biblical worldview (believe the Bible is absolute truth, that God is the all-powerful Creator of the universe, that you can't earn your way to Heaven by being good, etc.)...........................9%


18-23-year-olds with a Biblical worldview............................0.5%  (And no, that is not a typo...that is half of one percent.  That number scares me to death for our country and brings tears to my eyes.)

Number of professing born-again Christians with a Biblical worldview...........................19%  
(That number would have shocked me a few years ago, but unfortunately no more.)

That's all for today.  I had planned a "real" blog post for today, until the microwave died this morning, creating a need for "microwave research" this morning before school, and then my review copy of Lisa Samson's book Love Mercy came in the mail this afternoon, triggering an "I can't put this book down" response tonight.  It's past my bedtime now, and I'm off to read. :)

siggy1

No comments: