2.01.2010

Daybook Monday..."Wee Morning Hours" Edition


FOR TODAY... February 1, 2010

Outside my window...
Very dark and foggy. 
  Still a good bit of snow lingering from Arkansas's version of a blizzard Friday. :)

I am thinking...
about encouragement from friends  online by chat and inbox so many times this week.  What a blessing for God to send just the right words at just the right time during a rough week...

I am thankful... 
that we didn't lose power this weekend, and that we are still safe after last week's excitement...

I am wearing...
Warm fleece Razorback sweats and cozy slippers.

I am remembering...
Six years ago this week.  Six years ago Wednesday, I uttered the infamous (and theologically incorrect, btw...) words to a friend: 
"I know God won't give us more than we can handle, but I have told Him this week that I am there."
The next evening I was in the back of an ambulance being rushed to Little Rock in a snowstorm because my water had broken at 30 weeks.  Three days later, Ammah Grace was born. 
These first weeks of February always bring many memories. 
I can't believe our teeny, tiny girl is going to be SIX on Sunday!!  What a blessing to again reflect on all the miracles in our happy, healthy Gracie's life.  
 
I am going...
to run a quick errand or two (including overdue library books we tried to take back Friday, but were thwarted by the snow...ugh!) this afternoon,
to make every effort to get us back on schedule this week, after last week's interruptions,
and to try to figure out some way to work an afternoon nap into said schedule, as Billy and I are still getting very erratic sleep after last week's threats. 

I am hearing... 
The whirr of the electric heater beside me, and the abnormally loud clicking of the keyboard keys as I type in the silence of the wee morning hours...

I am currently reading...
The Jesus You Can't Ignore, by John McArthur.   This was not a "review book", but I plan to review it as soon as I finish it anyway.   It is one of the few books that I would say every person *needs* to read.   
Thin Places, by Mary DeMuth.  This is a review book, and I can't WAIT to review it.  I have been so excited about this book for so long, and it has in no way disappointed.  
Hunter's Moon, by Don Hoesel.  Another review book by an author with whom I was unfamiliar.   Very good so far, but I'm frankly not reading anything very fast right now.  The sleep situation here has me crashing every time I settle down to try to read. :)  *Really* ready to remedy that!
Along those lines...much of what I *have* read this week has been research in the direction of  a possible move on the horizon.   Not sure exactly what God is doing there, but we are praying and researching and seeking direction and HOPING that perhaps we will be able to speed up (quite a bit!) the move that was planned to be at least several years out.  

I am hoping... 
that we have had the last of the serious "winter weather" for this year.   

On my mind... 
This disturbing clip about the "Church of Oprah", which goes right along with my Misunderstood Peace post from last week:  


I have more thoughts on this which I hope to post soon.  Oprah has come a long way from her Baptist roots.  Her open disdain for doctrine, her total denial of Jesus as the only way,  and her complete dependence on "feelings" are so sad, and very sobering, considering her huge audience.  

Noticing that...
"signs of the times" are truly everywhere. 

Pondering these words... 
"So the LORD said to him, "What is that in your hand?" He said, "A rod." And He said, "Cast it on the ground." So he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from it. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Reach out your hand and take it by the tail" (and he reached out his hand and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand), that they may believe that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you."  (Ex. 4:2-5)  


"The rod of Moses became the rod of God.
With the rod of God, touch the rock and the water will come.
With the rod of God, part the waters of the sea.
With the rod of God, you can strike old Pharoah dead.
With the rod of God, you can set my people free."

What do you hold in your hand today?
To what, or to Whom are you bound?
Are you willing to give it to God right now?
Give it up, let it go, throw it down."
(Ken Medema~"Moses") 

From the kitchen... 
Hoping to do some bulk cooking today...ground beef, shredded chicken, and twice baked potatoes for the freezer, snacks for the week, and trying out my friend Annette's Teriyaki Sauce recipe.  I've been trying to do this all weekend, so I hope today it actually happens!  

Around the house... 
Major decluttering this week...we are suddenly in the super-early stages of a possible move, so I am highly motivated to seriously pare down.

One of my favorite things~
3 Day Weekends!  

From my picture journal...
for some reason I can't get Blogger to let me upload pictures today...ugh!

Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook for more entries...

No comments: