7.20.2015

So What's Your Excuse? {Pondered Pages}



What a fabulous thought for a Monday morning...or any time of any day! Bro. Gary's sermons from Ephesians lately have been excellent, and just what I've needed, and I'm journaling my way through Ephesians and my notes very slowly.

This one I just had to do quickly in my art journal today, though. I need to be focused on this this week. We're coming off a wonderful weekend...time spent with family we hadn't seen in many years (and some we'd never met!), which was such a huge blessing! But...it's been a crazy, stressful, busy few weeks and we are all exhausted, with no real break in sight.

There are challenges on every side...physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Health, finances, schedules, parenting, schooling, church...stuff going on, some really good, and some not-quite-so good, in every area.

It's so easy during times like these to get distracted, tired, stressed, and not keep our eyes where they belong...on Him. It's easy to make excuses for not being loving, kind, diligent, etc. But He reminds us that we have within us, through the Holy Spirit, the same power that brought Jesus from the grave! (We have this power in us IF we are true Christ-followers. If that doesn't apply to you, and you'd like to know more, please contact me through the sidebar link or via the Facebook page, or see more here.)

So as Bro. Gary said yesterday morning...what is our excuse? As 2 Peter 1:3 says, He has given us everything we need for life and Godliness. Everything we need. That just sends chills down my spine every time I read it! It fills me with excitement and conviction. Because as Bro. Gary reminded us yesterday...it's not our power, it's His, and it isn't for our selfish pursuits, but for the work He has for us.

How are we living in that power today? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments, either here or on the Facebook page.

(Scripture Journaling notes: Pilot G-2 .07 pen and generic watercolors. :))

***
If a post or posts on Ponderings of an Elect Exile has been a blessing to you, would you do me a huge favor?  Please share the link to Ponderings with your friends using the social media share buttons below or the "pin it" button above.  Thank you!  


***
Welcome to Ponderings of an Elect Exile!  Whether you are new here or a faithful friend and regular reader, I'm glad you're here!  If you aren't already following, I'd love to have you join us for the 2015 Ponderings.  It's easy to do, in a variety of ways!  You can follow via  Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest, or  find me on Instagram as Jenbh68. You can also sign up in the sidebar to receive new posts by email.

No comments: