11.22.2013

How to Empty a 9x13 Pan in Nothing Flat {Pecan Pie Bars}


Billy loves pecan pie.  

I love almost anything made with refrigerated crescent roll dough. 

I bought a multipack  of crescent roll dough at Sam's the other day.  I always get excited when they have them during the holidays (way cheaper than they can be found elsewhere).  I save up recipes all year. :) 

When I came across a recipe for pecan pie bars with a crescent roll crust earlier this week, I knew it was a must-try.  And I already had all the ingredients...bonus! :) 

I made them tonight.  The recipe says to cool an hour before cutting.  Little glitch there...they were gone before the hour was up. :)  I have to say, they were amazing warm.  So I recommend ignoring that part of the recipe. 

Billy said the only thing that would make them better is a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.  We'll have to try that next time.  :)  I'm not sure we could handle them being any better, though, as quickly as people inhaled them! 

Have you tried a new recipe yet this holiday season?  Share it with us in the comments, please! 

Pecan Pie Bars
1 can crescent roll dough
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
2 T butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg, beaten

Preheat oven to 350. 
Press dough into a 9x13 pan. Pinch seams together, and press dough up sides slightly. 
Bake 8 minutes.
Mix other ingredients and pour over crust. 
Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. 
Let cool 1 hour before cutting.  (Ha! Go ahead and try!) 
Serve with vanilla ice cream. (Billy's addition. :))
YUMMM. Enjoy! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for stopping by! If you're new here, welcome! I'd love to hear from you in the comments or via the email option in the sidebar. If you'd like to keep up with future posts,  it's easy to follow via  Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.  You can also sign up in the sidebar to receive new posts by email. I'm also on Instagram at jenbh68. Thanks!


Linking up with Family Fun Friday this week.  Be sure to go over and check out all the wonderful ideas for family fun!
HappyandBlessedHome.com

 

No comments: