9.05.2013

If I Were Stuck on a Desert Island With One Adhesive {Glue Dots}

 
 

I always hated those games and quizzes that asked, "If you were stuck on a desert island and only had one food to eat..." or "If you were stuck on a desert island and only had one fiction book..." 

One food...forever?  Or one book to read over and over for the rest of my life?  I'm seriously not good at that kind of choices. 

But...put me on a desert island and tell me I have to pick just one adhesive, and I wouldn't bat an eyelash. I'd pick Glue Dots, hands down. 

I first encountered Glue Dots years ago when I was teaching scrapbooking classes.  3L Photo Squares were and still are my adhesive of choice for paper and photos.  For anything heavy or bulky, Glue Dots quickly became my "go to" adhesive.  

Then I began to introduce Glue Dots to my scrapbooking class attendees, children in church and homeschool craft classes, and friends, and they began to get hooked on them.  One little boy actually asked his mom for Glue Dots for Christmas! 

Not only do I use Glue Dots on all types of scrapbooking and craft projects (as do my children :)), but they come in handy for repairs as well.  We've used them for emergency hem fixes, short-term shoe mending, and a long-term patch on our microwave door handle. 

The only thing better than Glue Dots is free Glue Dots!  I recently won a Back-to-School pack from Glue Dots through an online giveaway.  Then last week I was cleaning out some boxes from long-ago craft classes, and I found an almost-full box of Glue Dots in the bottom of a RubberMaid tub.  It was like finding buried treasure. :)

Do you have  a favorite adhesive or craft project?  Please tell me about it in the comments! 

Joining in today (a little late :)) with Works for Me Wednesday.  Check out Kristen's blog to see what's working for others this week!

(I am not a paid representative for Glue Dots, although I probably should be! I just really appreciate their products, because they fill a need and fill it well.) 


No comments: