6.20.2011

In-Between Week Daybook...

June 20, 2011


Outside my window...Sunny and quite warm, but with a periodic breeze that feels wonderful :)  

I am thinking...about all that we learned at camp last week (and fun memories we made), about the excitement of VBS coming next week, and all the work that has to be done during this "in between" week!

I am thankful...that Billy has located an affordable tire for the Taurus...the donut went flat last night...but he should have it fixed this afternoon.   Yay!

From the learning rooms...We won't get back to official "school" until after VBS next week, but we do plan to review some of what we learned at camp from Colossians 3:1-7 this week, as well as doing some missionary bio read-alouds.

In the kitchen...Going to prep a bunch of fruit this afternoon to have for snacks this week. Tonight's supper is going to be an easy one...deli-meat sandwiches and a big salad. 

I am wearing...capris and my "Alleluia Aquatic Academy" musical t-shirt.  I've worn t-shirts more in the last week than I have in the past year combined!  Ready to get the laundry caught up so I can put the t-shirts away for a while. :)

I am creating...plans for VBS and the rest of the summer...and still editing camp photos in preparation for a camp scrapbook we hope to display in a few weeks. 

I am going...to the store when Billy gets home.  I had planned for the kids and I to go earlier today, before we realized we'd only have one car today.  Thankful that we should be back to two vehicles this afternoon!

I am reading..The Story of John G. Paton or Thirty Years Among the South Seas Cannibals.  Andy talked about John Paton during his Wednesday night message at camp (which he also preached Sunday morning at church), and his story really spoke to me.  I was thrilled to find his autobiography free for Kindle on Amazon.  Excellent, excellent read so far...more on that in another post.

I am hoping...that my hands get better FAST.  For some reason, they are spasming badly this week...not good timing with VBS next week!   Seems to always happen before something big when I really need to use my hands...I am trusting that God is going to make them work enough to do what needs to be done this week and next.  His strength is made perfect in my weakness!

I am looking forward to...VBS next week. :)  And hopefully a visit with a friend this week to catch up after my being gone to camp last week. 

I am hearing...A quieter house than usual, since the two older girls are swimming with friends.  Listening to my WMP worship playlist as I type...currently "I Will Still Trust in You" by Reggie and Ladye Love Smith.  Coming up:  Laura Story's "Blessings" and Christy Nockles's "Song of the Beautiful". 

Around the house...Trying to catch up on camp laundry, get some more work done on the dining room this week, and hopefully clean out some kitchen cabinets.  

I am pondering...Being a risk-taker for Christ (I'll be blogging on that later this week....)

One of my favorite things...my Kindle!  It has already paid for itself many times over in free books (many of them things we need for school), and I loved being able to immediately download the biography of John Paton last week without having to wait to get home and get to a bookstore.  I still love "real books", but my Kindle is a wonderful addition to our library!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Prep for VBS,  work on the house, youth events....hopefully a fairly quiet week. :)

Picture to share...
2011 Family Camp ~ Heads Up!


To see what others are doing this week, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.


No comments: